Mammals of Michigan Field Guide
Identify Mammals with Michigan’s Famous Identification Guide!
Whether it’s stumbling upon an animal track or actually seeing wildlife in nature, interacting with mammals is a thrill. Learn to identify mammals in Michigan. With Stan Tekiela’s popular field guide, mammal identification is simple and informative. There’s no need to look through dozens of photos of animals that don’t live in your area. This book features 66 species of Michigan mammals organized by family, and then by size, for ease of use. When you see a mammal, you can determine its family by common visual characteristics. Then turn to the corresponding section to find out what it is!
Inside you’ll find:
- all 66 of Michigan’s mammals, from mice to moose
- facts about size, habitat, range, young, and more
- times each animal is most likely to be active and signs that it might leave, such as rubs and scrapes
- track patterns, size details, and scat photos
- Stan’s naturalist notes and gee-whiz facts
This field guide includes professional photographs and range maps, relevant information, and plenty of Stan’s expert insights. So grab Mammals of Michigan Field Guide to help ensure that you positively identify the mammals that you see.