Elements of Science
The full-color, 112-page book is organized into the following 15 chapters:
1. Water: adhesion, cohesion, buoyancy, density, states of water, and surface tension.
2. Air: Bernoulli's Principle, gases, pressure, wind, and molecular theory.
3. Heat: temperature, condensation, evaporation, and heat energy.
4. Sound: music, sound waves, tone, and vibration.
5. Forces: centrifugal force, energy, weight, gravity, inertia, pendulums, and rockets.
6. Magnetism: magnetic fields, compasses, magnetic poles, and radiation.
7. Electricity: electric motors, light bulbs, simple circuits, and static electricity.
8. Electromagnetism: electromagnets, the EM spectrum, waves, and current indicators.
9. Light: camera obscura, light and shadow, and light intensity.
10. Optics: microscopes, telescopes, lenses, prisms, reflection, refraction, and optical illusions.
11. Plants and Animals: seeds, microscopic
WARNING: This set contains parts and chemicals that may be harmful if misused. Read cautions on individual containers carefully. Not to be used by children except under adult supervision.
Children under 8 years can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once. Not for children under 3 years.
This kit contains a small magnet. Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.