Let’s Go For a Nature Hike
Ready for a hike? What should we take with us?
- Comfortable shoes and loose-fitting clothes suitable for the weather.
- Field guides to help us identify any new species of plants and animals.
- A small notebook and pencil for sketching things so they can be identified after returning home, and for noting new species and observations.
- A collecting sack, if going for leaves, mosses, edible mushrooms, etc.
- Binoculars, if watching for birds or mammals.
- A compass and trail map, if necessary.
- A canteen of water, and some lightweight, high-energy food, if a long hike.
- A first aid kit and/or snake bite kit, if necessary.
- Family and/or friends. Always let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return.