Packed with performance, this highly portable field microscope can be used in the classroom or in the field. Rugged metal frame, optical glass lenses, and unique substage prism combine to deliver a big, bright image 33 times larger than with the naked eye. The substage prism delivers amazing light for viewing transparent specimen slides, and special optical system also permits viewing of opaque specimen such as rocks, plants, insects, etc.. A great opportunity to teach microscopy on a limited budget.
- Huygenian 10x eyepiece
- 4x achromatic objective lens
- 140mm focal length permits 33x magnification with supplied lenses
- Working distance 24mm
- Optical tube slides smoothly up and down in spring fit metal bracket. Built-in stop prevents tube from sliding down into specimen slides.
- Lucite prism with silver reflective coating is permanently positioned and mounted beneath stage to direct ambient light from below and through specimen mounted on stage.
- Stage is 95mm wide x 80mm deep, with locked-on, spring activated stage clips.
- Cast aluminum stand, with chrome plated brass fittings.
- Inclination joint permits positioning of eyepiece for most comfortable viewing angle.
- Height: 255mm (10 in.)
- Net Wt.: 1 kg (2.25 lbs)
- Packed in fitted styrofoam container with dustcover and instructions.
- Individual: Ship wt. 2.3 kg (5 lbs), Dimensions 450x300x275mm (18x12x11 in.)
- Master carton pack 10 each: Ship wt. 14.5 kgs (32 lbs), Dimensions 800x350x325mm (32x14x13 in.)
(For quantity discounts, contact Donald J Ruark firstname.lastname@example.org)