Model 106-L, 106-LED
Full-sized performance in a microscope scaled down for younger students. Standard microscope format most commonly used throughout U.S. schools. Simple to use, yet prepares students for easy transition to high school instruction. Precision optical systems features achromatic, optical glass lenses. Rugged metal components are engineered for years of reliable performance. Student proofing features minimize loss of parts and other student abuse. Recommended for instruction through grade 6.
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer.
- Achromatic, color-coded 4x, 10x, 40xR objectives provide 40x, 100x and 400x magnification.
- Revolving objective turret has positive click stops for easy, precise magnification changes.
- Choose 42mm plano-concave mirror, or 115v 15 watt substage illuminator with on/off switch permanently factory mounted.
- Optional Cordless LED Illuminator (106-LED) - lighting equivalent to a 20-watt tungsten bulb, rechargeable NiMH batteries, auto cutoff recharger, on/off switch with rheostat control.
Note: With bright artificial or natural light, mirror model will provide very adequate illumination. However, if light conditions are poor, it is necessary to incline the microscope on its inclination joint for the mirror to catch sufficient light. For a poorly lit environment, we recommend selection of 106-L or 106-LED, with electric illuminator.
- Rack and pinion focusing, dual coarse focusing knobs.
- Slip clutch protects mechanism from over-turning.
- Tension adjustment eliminates focus drift.
- Rack stop prevents damage to slides and lenses.
- 88mm x 82mm (3-1/2 in. x 3-1/4 in.) stage with locked-on, spring activated stage clips.
- Calibrated 6-hole disc diaphragm.
- Rugged cast metal with inclination joint, gray enamel finish.
- Height 295 mm (11-3/4 in.). Net wt. 1.7 kgs (3.7 lbs).
- Molded styrofoam container with instruction brochure and vinyl dustcover.
- Individual: Ship wt. 2.7 kgs (6 lbs), Dimensions 450x300x275mm (18x12x11 in.)
- Master carton pack 5 each: Ship wt. 10.9 kgs (24 lbs), Dimensions 775x275x375mm (31x11x15 in.)
- 5-year limited warranty, excluding bulb.
(For quantity discounts, contact Donald J Ruark email@example.com)